Friday, July 4, 2008

6 Week old gets 'un-constipated'!

This is for all of you parents and grandparents out there that have children or grandchildren who have digestive issues, including constipation.

A little cute 6 week old girl came into my chiropractic office this week, and she has had an issue with constipation since birth. The grandparents are neighbors of ours, and asked if there was anything that I could do to help.

I explained the chiropractic helps the nervous system thing and encouraged them to bring the wee one down for me to check her out. They brought her down the next day.

While Mommy held her little girl in her lap, I checked her out gently with Grandma's help. We detected two 'subluxations' (misalignments in the spine) and a little pressure in the descending tract of the large intestine.

Very gently (the amount of pressure to hold a pen in one's hand) I touched the two areas of subluxation, and then gently massaged the large intestine area.

I hadn't heard back from them until this morning...and they said that the little angel was "pooping at least once a day" ever since the one adjustment!

How cool is that!?

Got a kid that has some digestive issues? Get them checked out by a pediatric chiropractor...

No comments: