Vitamin C: Vitamin C supplements are inexpensive to produce, and it’s available naturally in many fruits and vegetables.
- Take around 200 milligrams a day
- Eat at least 6 servings of fruits/veggies a day
- If taking supplements, space them throughout the day (not one large dose)
Vitamin E: Antioxidant and immunity booster
- Stimulates the production of natural killer cells (destroy cancer and germ cells)
- Enhances the production of B-cells producing antibodies
- May reverse some of the decline in immune response commonly seen in aging
- Implicated to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Cut the risk of heart attacks by 50%
- You need 100-400 milligrams per day, depending on your general lifestyle
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by interfering with how the fats & cholesterol in the bloodstream oxidize to from arterial plaques.
- Protect against cancer by stimulating the immune cells called macrophages to produce tumor necrosis factor, which kills cancer cells.
- The body converts into vitamin A
- Aid the immune system by protecting cells against environmental pollutants.
- Protect the cell membranes against the pollutants trying to attach to them.
- Lessen the formation of microscopic clots inside arteries, which can lead to heart attack and stroke
- If you eat the recommended 6 servings of fruits/veggies a day, you will get your daily dose of bioflavenoids.
- Increases production of white blood cells that fight infection and helps them fight more aggressively.
- Fights against cancer and helps white blood cells release more antibodies.
- Zinc supplements have been shown to slow the growth of cancer.
- It is best to get zinc from your diet (aim for 15-25 milligrams daily)
- A great source of zinc for infants and young children is zinc-fortified cereal.
- Stimulates the multiplication of infection-fighting white cells
- Boosts natural killer cell activity
- Increases the efficiency of antibody production
- Can act as an antioxidant that reduces build up of free radicals in the bloodstream
- Lower incidence of intestinal cancer
- May play a part in getting rid of potential carcinogens and toxic substances
- Heart friendly food - - keeps platelets from sticking together and clogging blood vessels
- Mobilizes cancer fighting cells
Omega 3/Fatty Acids
- Oils act as immune boosters by increasing the activity of phagocytes, the white blood cells that eat bacteria
- Protect against damage from over-reactions to infection.